Play Borders operates as an umbrella organisation for its members to enable them to access PVG scheme records and scheme record updates for all staff and volunteers in their organisations.
Scheme membership is free for Qualifying Voluntary Organisations through the Central Registered Body In Scotland (CRBS)
Play Borders will support the applicants to complete the form as required
- Member organisations will be asked to complete a contract with Play Borders each year to provide up to date contact details of the named person in the organisation who will receive the PVG Scheme record information. The organisation must have the appropriate policies and procedures in place to receive and safely store the scheme records.
- Once contract is received and all supporting information is complete organisations will be sent a supply of application forms to join the PVG scheme (this will be the initial registration of the applicant) or to request scheme record updates. (for some one who is already a member and just needs a record update)
- Member of staff or volunteer will complete section A1 – C1/C2 of the form as per the guidance
- Organisation contact person completes cover sheet attaching signed and dated copies of the identification provided by the applicant
- Organisation will return the form along with payment where required to Play Borders with two A5 envelopes with first class postage. One to send the application to Disclosure Scotland or CRBS and the other to return the scheme record to the person named on the contract when it comes through.
- Play Borders Coordinator will complete part D section D1 & D3 and enter required information on the tracking sheet
- Applications for paid members of staff will be sent to Disclosure Scotland - Play Borders will complete part E section E1 to F1/F2 and post to Disclosure Scotland
- Applications for volunteers will be sent to Central Registered Body in Scotland (CRBS) – Play Borders will complete part E section E1 to E5,
- Play Borders will endeavor to send all applications to Disclosure Scotland or CRBS with in 48 hours of receiving the application forms and supporting documentation
- Play Borders will endeavor to forward the certificate to the organisation within 24 hours of receiving it